Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

And Mother's Day came in 2012...

While in California this spring, my sister, Heidi Gonzales (My Lil' Scrap Corner), gave several card and embellishment classes, and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  I always learn so much from my sis!  Mom, sis, and I traveled to several crops and a three-day scrapping retreat in Chico, Red Bluff, and Shingletown.  We had an absolutely GREAT time...I caught up on my lots of my "To Do" stash and kits; some I bought and they sat waiting for several years!  One night I scrapped until 2:00 a.m., but another scrapper took the grand prize, and stayed up until 5:00 a.m.!!  The retreat crop room was open 24-hours a day...what a great place to get away!


One of the classes my sis taught was a flower-making.  We made four different styles flowers:  a Gerber Daisy,  a Carnation (with iridescent glittered netting), a small Rose, and a Peony.  I decided to use my new flower skills to make a Mother's Day card for Mom, which was a challenge with her sitting right by me cropping away!  No, Mom,  the card really wasn't for Michele's birthday, as you found out!


Mom's 2012 card...love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you leave a comment, it is much appreciated! Have a GREAT day! Carlene (aka Chatterbox)